Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Procedures
We offer two procedures: gastric bypass and gastric sleeve. Our comprehensive program brings together top bariatric surgeons with comprehensive pre- and post-education and support services to help ensure your best chance and long-term weight loss.
What is metabolic syndrome?
You must have at least three metabolic risk factors to be diagnosed with metabolic syndrome.
- A large waistline indicating abdominal obesity or “having an apple shape.” Excess fat in the stomach area is a greater risk factor for heart disease than excess fat in other parts of the body, such as on the hips.
- A high triglyceride level (or you’re on medicine to treat high triglycerides). Triglycerides are a type of fat found in the blood.
- A low HDL cholesterol level (or you’re on medicine to treat low HDL cholesterol). HDL sometimes is called “good” cholesterol. This is because it helps remove cholesterol from your arteries. A low HDL cholesterol level raises your risk for heart disease.
- High blood pressure (or you’re on medicine to treat high blood pressure). Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart pumps blood. If this pressure rises and stays high over time, it can damage your heart and lead to plaque buildup.
- High fasting blood sugar (or you’re on medicine to treat high blood sugar). Mildly high blood sugar may be an early sign of diabetes.